Monday 19 November 2007

More Dreams

So in one of my dreams last night:

I went to Ascension Hall because it was my Senior Year and I suddenly had the urge to check out what the Alumni Committee was doing. I ran into Michael, the Cornerstone who took Greek formerly with really long hair, and we said hi.

At the Alumni Committee room in Ascension they were holding some kind of contest that consisted of a blood drive. Someone remarked that their blood they gave was really old, as a joke, and I thought to myself, "I haven't given blood in a while" and missed it. A lot.

Then I think Julia Davis, the international student liaison at Exeter, was there, and the deal was that she was staging an environmentalist protest at this meeting, and she dropped an egg in vinegar for me, and it floated around and parts of it fell away. This was the process of removing the "deer feces" from it, which it had come in contact with because of its packaging by a larger corporation.

Then she told me a story, and she turned into someone else - a guy who was probably about 22. In this story, he directed Romeo and Juliet, but his lead for Romeo dropped out at the last second, and got a new guy, but...

I interrupted, "but he couldn't talk over the yoke in front of him." I pictured an actor with a giant gelatenous frozen egg in front of him.

"No, he..."

I forget what the exact problem was but the director gave the actors some notes, and then they all rebelled against him and made fun of him. Show don't tell, I know, but all I can remember of what they did was that some piece of wax fell from the ceiling and they compared it to the director in song and it was supposed to be horribly mocking.

Commiserating, I picked up a bat with spikes in it and said, "I know. Actors can be a real pain sometimes" or something.

Then my dad showed up and we tried to drive home out of the school parking lot except something held us up - I feel like there was the fear that one of us needed to go to the bathroom badly or something...

And that was the dream. I think.

No comments: