Friday 16 November 2007

A Little Synchronicity

The main song from Stardust has been showing up in my life a lot in the past 24 hours - once last night at a party in the kitchen when the TV was left on the music video channel, and today in the cab on its way to the stables so I could ride. I think I'm being told to see Stardust, but I think it's out of theaters here by now.

Today I rode Ginger, that very same horse from my first lesson who gave me some trouble. This time, though, he was great! He listened to me more, though he would occasionally do his own thing, which was silly. I'm still learning exactly how assertive to be with a horse, how tightly to hold the reins and all, but I'm getting there. I was trotting today, and I managed to keep the horse trotting, do the little bouncey-up-and-down-on-the-saddle thing, keep my posture right (I think) and my feet in the stirrups correctly, AND, on top of all this, STEER. It was pretty cool.

Plus, at the end, I went up to pet him, and he took his whole head and with one stroke rubbed it against the entirety of my body, ankles to head. I think that means he likes me.

Also, I checked out the space I have to do Lysistrata in, and I'm proceeding to research and read up on that, Aristotle's Poetics (reviewing, rather), Greek theater, clowning, vaudeville, and comedy.

Oi.

1 comment:

SG Bye said...

Whoa, more syncronicity - I just saw Stardust tonight. It's amazing. You definitely have to go see it.