Tuesday 6 November 2007

Cadbury Fingers and Dildos

And never the twin shall meet. Hopefully.

1) Cadbury Fingers
I can't remember if I posted this already, but Monday I was food shopping at Sainsbury's and I found these little Cadbury creations that were biscuit fingers covered in Cadbury milk chocolate, and they were only 54 p!!! Even though that's $1.08 in real life it's very cheap for a box of yummy...scrumptious...adorable...sexy...
Oop, just trailed off there.
Cadbury Fingers, right, well I brought them home after paying only 54 p (!!!) for them and offered a few around to other people in the flat. Then I checked facebook and proceeded to eat them. All. The Whole Box. It was the only time that I've ever been angry at food for being so scrumptious but not presenting me with an infinite amount of itself that the only way I could eat it was by ravenously scarfing it down and all but growling at them as I did it.

2) Dildos
I've undertaken to direct a found-space version of Lysistrata that will only have four women and only be a maximum of forty minutes. I'm a little out at sea, because I imagine using the text to explore clowning, vaudeville, and the carnivalesque in theater, and, much like my experience of acting in The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged in high school, finding and creating gags and routines as an ensemble and all that fun stuff. But it occurred to me I know very little about clowning, less about the carnivalesque, and virtually nothing about vaudeville. All I know of the production so far is that it will involve dildos. For lack of any other kind of directorial vision.

Also, as a post script, and for the sake of science, I just wanted to publish a bit of data I discovered. You see, at Exeter, you have a single, so if you want - in just the sense that everyone has to be naked at some point - you can just hang out in your room naked. What I have learned, though, is that this has certain limits. For instance: do not eat cookies while naked. Cause of the crumbs, they're obnoxious. Just trust me on that one.

2 comments:

SG Bye said...

You can finger my cadbury any time you like....

--Sean

Wiry said...

I heard once about a Lysistrata production that had actors dressed up as genitalia, which I think is lovely since it pretty much reduces the whole thing to prick v. cunt. Which is charming.

I became addicted second semester last year to doing homework naked - it was actually never a problem since I lived in a ghost apartment. But, watch out for tea.