Wednesday 28 November 2007

Asphodel

Hokay, so:

I have a dilemma.

I just finished the second draft of a short play, Asphodel, that erupted out of an impulse exercise I did and has taken kind of a nice form. I want feedback on it, and I'd be happy to send it to anyone that wanted it!

HOWEVER

It's still heavily autobiographical. In fact, it specifically centers on my memories of Kenyon. So this is your warning if you want to critique it but think it's going to get to you.

Drop a line if you want to read it. It's still only in its second draft, and I'm still an egg of a playwright, so don't count on it to be an amazing reading experience. But I would like the feedback.

THANKS!

2 comments:

SG Bye said...

I'd be curious to have a look. And since I don't really know anything about your life at Kenyon, I probably run little risk of being weirded out! : D

--Sean

Spelunker said...

I'd like to read it. I always find autobiographical plays to be more realistic and often more compelling than others. You don't have to send it to me if you feel uncomfortable with me reading it, though. I completely understand. :o) Other than that, congrats on actually writing a play! I haven't done that in a long time...