Friday 16 November 2007

Life and Love

No, this isn't getting romantic, this is rather a plea for action to myself.

The Independent featured a cover story a WHILE ago about the fact that tigers were dying out. If I could find the link I would post it, but essentially conservationists are saying that it's going to take a miracle to keep the species going given the current populations. The expect that by 2025 they'll be extinct.

This on top of my just having played Risk for the first time in a while have lead me to conclude that people need a lot more love in their lives (Risk is such a cold game, and all the tigers are dying). I tell myself that in response to this, I'm going to try to spend time doing things like saying hi to everyone I can, helping people wherever I can, and generally being reckless in my expenditure of positive energy.

By the way, for general uses and holiday presents, check out:

www.thebreastcancersite.com

And all the affiliated sites, one of which preserves the rainforest. I'm feeling a little environmentalist, I guess, since I remembered that my favorite big cat is biting the dust.

Also, check out:

The World Land Trust
http://www.worldlandtrust-us.org/

And goodsearch.com
www.goodsearch.com

1 comment:

Cherubino/Carmen said...

I have not heard that! I liked a lot of their earlier stuff but got turned off by Rent/Rant and Sweeney Todd/Teeny Todd. I could do better, and have! But I'll check the ITW one out.