Thursday 7 February 2008

Magic Carpet Ride

Just a neat note-

On the way to the library tonight, someone stopped me. This was our conversation:

"Excuse me, mate-"
Instantly I thought of all the canvasers I'd met this week, particularly from the Evangelical Christian Union on campus, but also from various other people who wanted me to go somewhere or something like that. Were they still out this late?
"Yes?"
"Do you know anyone on campus that sells weed?"
"No, sorry."

Without thinking. "No, sorry." It's the utter truth as well, but there was very little difference between him asking me about weed and someone stopping me before going into Devonshire House asking me to come see their production of The Miracle Worker or visit a nightclub they worked for.

I'm also sure this happens tons in America, but since the UK is currently reconsidering their declassification of cannabis to a class 3 drug (or is it class 2? It's lower than usual), I figured I should throw that in.

Also, there was just an investigation of the whole campus done for traces of cocaine, and guess which toilets had the most cocaine on them? The administration building's toilets...

Funky times at the University of Exeter.

3 comments:

SG Bye said...

Asking random strangers where to buy drugs strikes me as a particularly bad idea.

Wiry said...

Maybe I'm just walking around the wrong places in Boston and New York, but I've yet to encounter someone this side of the Atlantic publicly mumbling their drugs for sale on the street:

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAACK GETCHER CRRAAAACK RIGHT 'EEEEEEERE!"

Okay, so it was more like "skunk... skunk..." but still. Who knew getting drugs was as easy as walking around a well-populated street?

Give me more info on "The Ballad of London"! Author, links, whatever - my googles have been a bit dry. As you noted, feeding my decadent side is a particular guilty pleasure of mine.

Anonymous said...

Good words.