Sunday 24 February 2008

Cherry-Blossom

So Ken and I went and saw Be Kind, Rewind last night, and while walking back we passed through the "sketchy alleyway" (mildly referenced in "The Wheat from the Chavs," just before the quotation of Robert Frost), and we were talking, and randomly these cherry blossom petals started falling. We looked up, and we were standing right beneath a cherry tree. Ken decided that it was our official anime moment, and that now we could be in any anime or Final Fantasy video game.

Also, I had a date (or was it just lunch?) that I don't quite know what to make of. The cherry-blossom moment helped clense me of my anxieties about it.

4 comments:

The Project said...

Not to be nit-picky, but...Achilles Armor?

Shield is maybe more appropriate?

Sorry, just finishing draft one of my Iliad play. So I'm geeking out on it right now.

Hope you are well.

-JJJJJJJJJJJ

Wiry said...

Were you present for the occasion in which Tues. Night dinner brought in someone from the Naz to speak about Intelligent Design? Let's just say the Sloz-tank managed to barrel everyone over in the room into depths of utter embarrassment and awkwardness.

RM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RM said...

I'd like to see the tank be a wonder twins/voltron-esque fusion of Jim Carson and Deborah Laycock. They fuse to form a super-strong being.

I also feel Bill Marshall and his bionic leg are worth mentioning. But he was "Before your time."

Ooooooooooooooooh! (spooky sound)