Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Miracle: STAT!

Hey Everybody-

I have a Grinch to deal with. A Humbug, a Scrooge, who is roaming through my life and ruining my attempts to type meaningful things for all of you about my adventures and Christmas and other great stuff.

This no-goodnick's name is: The ResLife Network.

Yes, despite his obedience and efficiency earlier in the year, this loving network that so graciously connected my room to the Intarweb has decided to randomly shut down during break. Now I can only come to the library to type, and the library is only open a very limited set of hours. And until now, I could only spend a few hours here or there, because I had to rush off to my internship in Bath, which I'll tell you all about when I have the time!

So basically, the next few blog entries I'm going to be playing catch up, but I don't even know when that's going to happen because I'm heading off to Glasgow after Christmas, and then seeing the RSC do a bunch of the Histories. So you may not hear from me for a while.

But, have a Merry Christmas, and I mean this, my readers. Because...

"Maybe this Christmas
Will mean something more
Maybe this year
Love will appear
Deeper than ever before.

And maybe forgiveness
Will ask us to call
Someone we love
Someone we've lost
For reasons we can't quite recall.

Maybe this Christmas.

Maybe there'll be an open door.
Maybe the star that shone before
Will shine once more...

And maybe this Christmas
Will find us at last
In Heaven, at peace.
Pray for release,
For the love we've been shown in the past.

Maybe this Christmas..."

That's a song, oddly enough called Maybe This Christmas. It's on the first of a collection of CDs called, gasp, Maybe This Christmas that takes Christmas songs, mainly carols but others, and gets some big names to do covers of them. Then the profits of the CDs go to charity. They're quality: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen as sung by the Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah Mclachlan rocks my world.

Have I mentioned that before? I don't know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-Your Lovable, Plush and Wayfaring Companion
Griffin Andrew Horn

No comments: