Friday 12 October 2007

Preludes but no Nocturnes...

Hello from the Isles of the Mighty. Some of you have already been keen on finding out how I’m doing on my expedition, and so I’ve finally gotten my act together to write my travel log.

A quick note before I begin: England, as you’ll discover, means a lot to me. But there’s no possible way I can bring you here and show you. So I can try to tell you, but it’s going to come out a little, well, story heavy, cause that’s the only way I can think to convey that level of meaning. If you want England as it really is, drop by some time. I also don’t intend to discuss anything seriously personal: this is a travel log, not a journal. I’m constructing this as a catalogue of curiosities, eccentricities, observations, meditations, musings, stories and epiphanies, and even then I doubt anything I‘m able to hammer down consciously into a sentence will match the real thing, or even what I‘m thinking as I walk, raptured, through the countryside. But if you want to know about how I personally am doing, drop me a line and we’ll talk person to person, and even though it’s through email, it’s much more personable than something like this, which is more of a blanket proclamation.

And of course, this is going to be published in reverse order, so thank you for scrolling all the way to the bottom and reading this first. And if you didn't: you silly person.

No comments: