Monday 22 October 2007

A Beggar of My Own Spare Change

I have an empty box of Nutri-Grain bars that I put all my spare change in. Recently I dug out all of the 50p pieces and most of the 20p pieces for laundry. Today I need to buy breakfast. I dug through and found 6 20p pieces, enough to buy a triple chocolate muffin. Paying a cashier with essentially quarters is a little lame, but I'm going to have to do it. I considered for a moment what else I could get, except that the only thing I had left in my till were 5p, 2p, and 1p pieces.

So I counted up all the 5p's and I'm going to see if I can't get anything else. This is the horror of the British Economic System.

On a lighter note, a lot of buildings have these little bowl-shaped tops to their chimneys that gulls seem to think are made for them, so they'll just sit there, but in the chimney, chillaxing. One wonders what happens when the fire goes...or maybe that's the point. Maybe it's like a little butt-warming experience.

1 comment:

Spelunker said...

Okay, your posts have left me quite breathless with laughter a few times. I wanted to you let you know A)I'm reading about your adventures, and B)I have one of these things now.

This is Erin, btw. Stalking you from across the pond. ;o)